Last Modified: March 29, 2016
Dazzmobile builds private mobile communities for its sponsoring clients. Each mobile app is unique and private to that individual user community. Dazzmobile’s mobile platform offers fast and fun way to share experiences with your friends and colleagues associated with the private community our clients represent.
When you use these services—and any others we roll out—you’ll inevitably share some information with us. We get that that can affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
Information We Collect
There are two ways we collect information:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic profile, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you’d like to go by, a password, an email address, a phone number, and your date of birth. Your clients usually specify the profile components and pass along each user’s profile details. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the services, such as social text shares or photos. Keep in mind that other users can see this content and possibly save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the Internet at large applies to Dazzmobile as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact Dazzmobile Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you viewed a particular piece of content, exchanged contact information with another user, and shared a photo in the social stream. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as which features you use.
- how you communicate with other users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with others, which fusers you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages.
- Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, replayed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Survey Information. From time to time our client will us the app to push surveys to learn more about your experience. Dazzmobile will collect and aggregate responses and report back results to our client.
- Quizzes, Polls and Trivia interactions. From time to time our client will use Dazzmobile to push interactive polls, trivia and quizzes. Dazzmobile will collect and aggregate responses and report back results to our client.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us your consent.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our app. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services
- device information, such as your web browser type and language
- access times
- pages viewed
- IP address
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
- communicate with you
- monitor and analyze trends and usage
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage polices
- Aggregated reports and statistics for our sponsoring client.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other private community users. We may share the following information with other Dazzmobile users within the given, specific App Community:
o information about you, such as your name and contact information (unless you have chosen to keep this information private in the app as part of available profile settings)
o content you post or send will be shared with other users in the community
o Aggregated reports and statistics for our sponsoring client.
o Dazzmobile will not share content with any third parties.
How Long We Keep Your Content
Dazmobile contracts individually with each sponsoring client. In general your content data is live/available for the life of our contract with each sponsoring client. Upon expiration of the app contract the app will go off line and content will be destroyed per agreement with each sponsoring client.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you.
- Account Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just delete it from your phone.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.